Sunday, January 23, 2011

Feeling Bad

We now have less than two weeks until our new little baby is born and I am starting to get worried about my little Jake. He has been the baby for the past almost 2 years and I don't know how he is going to take sharing the attention with a little brother. I know he will get through it as all kids do but I can't help but feel bad for the emotional trials he is going to be put through. I didn't worry this much about Lily when we were having Jake because she is just one of those happy, positive little girls who goes into any situation with a smile and has never really had any serious emotional attachment issues. She never cried when I left her at a baby-sitters even if she didn't know the person. She has always loved going to see the Dr. even if she knew she was getting a shot, she loved nursery from day one and she was so excited to have a little brother. She never went through the whole jealousy phase or was mean to baby Jake. She welcomed him happily and has loved him from the start. Jake on the other hand has some attention and attachment issues. Most of the time he won't even let Jacob do things for him. It always has to be me and once I have this baby I won't be able to do that any more. He is the biggest cuddle bug and any time I am sitting or laying down he always comes and asks if he can snuggle with me. Every day when I put him down for a nap I hold him or lie with him till he falls asleep. I probably shouldn't have started doing that but I love the one on one time I get with him each day and it's sort of our special bonding moment. Then after he is asleep I play board games with Lily and have my one on one time with her and she and I usually end up snuggling and watching a show on my bed. I don't know if I will be able to keep that up once #3 arrives but I really hope that I can. I just keep having this fear that the more children I have, the more I will lose some of the relationship I have worked so hard to build with each of my children. I want them to know that I love each of them equally and that love will never lessen no matter what they do. I guess I just need to have a little more faith that we will be able to make this transition smoothly and that everything will be okay.


Here is Jake laying on the floor at my feet. No matter what I'm doing weather it's the dishes or on the computer or in the bathroom(a mother has no privacy) Jake is always right there laying on the floor waiting for me to be done.
Here he is in the babies car seat. I was getting it all set up tonight and he wanted to "snuggle" in it. He definitely still thinks he's a baby.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Oh what a little honey! I hear ya Kat. I stress about it too, but I guess both my girls are more like Lily so it should be an easy transition. I hope things go good for you and that you adjust well. Can't wait to meet the little guy! Your kids are so sweet:)