Sunday, September 25, 2011

Some Day I'll Laugh, But Not Today


We have needed several items of furniture and in order to save money I've searched KSL for used furniture that I could just repaint or refinish. My mom and I have been working hard all week long to strip down a dresser to bare wood and refinish it. We also spent a lot of time painting a TV cabinet that I got for a steal of a deal. We were literally out working all day every day all week long. Saturday was our goal to be finished and we were so happy we made our goal. We put the last protector spray coat over the furniture then came inside to wait for it to dry. What a relief. It was all done and it looked great. After two minutes of being inside I looked out the window and saw Jake with some sort of cleaning product. I ran out to find him spraying all the furniture saying "Look mom I'm cleaning." With a big smile on his face he continued to spray the TV cabinet. I ran over and grabbed the bottle and as it turns out it was a professional level orange citrus cleaner with a very strong solvent. I ran inside to grab a wet rag to wipe it all off but it was too late. The solvent had eaten through the protector coat and the paint. Needless to say we now have to resand and repaint all the drawers to the dresser and the TV cabinet:(




Later that night when Jake was saying his prayers he said "Thank you for my mommy that makes me happy." Now how can you stay mad at a kid like that?

No comments: