Friday, July 13, 2007

An Unlucky Birthday (but still happy!)


Kat and I are about 1200 miles apart right now, me in Nebraska and she in Utah battling infected ingrown toes. I've been hanging out with my sister Becky, her husband, Matt, and their children Josie and Anthony (who are utterly adorable). Today, Friday the Thirteenth, is Matt's birthday. Now, as the author of the future bestselling series Psions, I have a bit of superstition surrounding the number Thirteen, since that is the name of the sociopathic murders who antagonize my protagonists. It's also now my favorite number, but it still doesn't change the fact that Matt is extremely unlucky and likely to die in a horrific accident. Oh well, not much that can be done about that except show you his birthday pictures that I snapped with Becky's camera. Matt is as much a cornhusker fan as I am a Cougar fan, hence the shirt you'll see of the red fish eating the CSU fish eating the Texas fish. He also dabbles, or rather swims laps, in his childhood through his favorite TV show Transformers, and since the movie was released recently it's been more a fervor than anything. Becky, supportive of her husband's habits as all good wives are (look for a future article about me and Spider-man comics) bought him new transformer toys. He plans to leave them in the packages, which is why Josie was boiled alive after ripping the packaging on the toy called.... I can't remember what. Anywho, enough boring you with story. Last thought, they (the US mint) are releasing coin dollars over the next nine years of the dead presidents. The spots end with Ronald Reagan, but what if Jimmy Carter or George H. W. Bush or even his son die in that time? Does that mean Matt will have to buy a new board? I hypothesize that the US mint will fund an assassination of at least one living former president in an attempt to force everyone who bought one of these boards to buy new ones. Think of the capital it will generate.... You heard it from me first.




Happy birthday Matt!

1 comment:

David said...

Your theory is very interesting. I wondered why it left off with Reagan. Your blog is really neat! You should check out ours sometime. We will update it soon(er or later)!