Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Classic Tale of Love and Adventure: A Call to Arms -- A Call for HELP

Okay, so I've written a new book and just finished editing it. Now I need people with a critical eye to read it. Let me go further: most people just sit back and read books to let their minds turn off and be entertained. That's great, I do it too. But I'm looking for people to read this and tell me what's good and not good about it. I think the book is worth your time, so, if you're willing to read it and want to do it and can get it done within the next four weeks, let me know! If you're too chicken to tell me what you didn't like, or you're not sure you have the time, or you're afraid it'll stink, buy the paperback copy in a few years. In return, anyone who helps me out will get an acknowledgement at the beginning of the book. That's all I can really offer as a reward.

What's it about? It's a love and adventure story, that's all I'll say. If it was a film it'd be PG-13. There's no swearing or torrid sex or even non-torrid sex. Just a little action violence with swords and bows and arrows, nothing gory. Please don't proofread it for grammar, I'll do that later. I'm asking for your thoughts about the plot, characters, pacing, etc. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, don't worry, just buy the hardcover. If you're interested email me (my first and last name with no space or undescores at gmail), and thanks!

4 comments:

becca said...

I would love to help. Although I haven't read a ton of books, so I don't know if I would really be that helpful. I am getting better at reading though. Oh and I am kind of a slow reader. So your 4 week deadline may be an issue. Anyway, I will do it if you would like a slow, not so good reader to read your book.

Adam said...

Would you like me to read it again?

Ashley said...

Jacob, I went to Ecuador with Kat. I read non-stop, and I love it. I would be happy to read it. Caleb my husband has written a book, and currently has 3 offers from publishers for it. We are waiting for the right one, if that one ever comes along?! I have helped him what I can with his, so I would be happy to help you the same. Just notice that you did ask for critique, so if that's what I give, I hope that's ok.

Jacob said...

What's your email or can you email me? And what's Caleb's book about?