Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sibling Spotlight: Adam

I thought it'd be fun to talk about my different siblings and put the spotlight on them for a bit. This is about my one and only brother, my little brother, Adam. One of the things about Adam that I like is that he will tell you until he's blue in the face that he's taller than me. In reality he's not, but that's what makes him so great. One time, when Adam and I were canning tomatoes or something like that, we heard a small noise. I thought it was the pop of a cooling can, but Adam thought that it was a dog in the background. Well, partly for fun and partly to annoy my dad for making us can, we said "Pop" and "dog" for over an hour non-stop. We shared a room until I moved out of the house to go to college, so we got to know each other pretty well. Adam helped to delay my ascent into adulthood, because we played with action figures until I was in high school. We made these elaborate bases for the ninja turtles and power rangers complete with ziplines and coat hangers that they rode on. It was amazing. Worlds were built and destroyed, epic battles raged on for millenia, and turtles fell in love with humans (and vice versa) inside our bedroom. And different times we've been best friends and worst enemies.
Adam writes books, too. He's trying just as hard as I am to get published, and with equal success. He's studying English in Utah at a four year school. He dabbles in poetry, but what I've read is really good. I used to keep him up at night making up stories, doing flashlight shadow creatures, or having contests to see who could fall asleep first. Sometimes I would make him hold my hand, even though he was on the bottom bunk and I was on the top. Three cheers for my brother, Adam!

4 comments:

Carol said...

Ahhh, cute! Thanks for getting us more aquainted with Adam. I, too, am impressed with his poetry.

Becky said...

Sorry Jake but I think that Adam is taller than you.

Adam said...

Wow! What a trip to the past. It was fun to read and a have a laugh at those things. We certainly did have interesting times.

Rosalee said...

I definitely think that Adam is taller than you.