Saturday, March 14, 2009

Confused

Lately I have been trying to help Lily understand that there is a baby in my tummy and soon she will have a baby brother. After all my hard work I finally felt like she was starting to understand a little. She would point to my stomach and say "Baby in there." Then she would pull up my shirt and kiss my stomach saying "Baby kiss." My favorite thing she does is when she sits on my lap, she  pulls up her shirt and mine then lays on me so our tummies are touching.  She likes to snuggle this way sometimes.  I was happy to see she was finally understanding  and then I said something that confused her greatly. The baby was moving a lot and so I told her that he was squirming around. Lily thought I said squirling and since squirrels are one of her favorite animals right now she was very excited that I have squirrels in my tummy. Now she points to my tummy and says "Squirrels in there." Oh well. I guess I will just have to wait till he is born to show her she has a little baby brother. 

5 comments:

Catherine Faux said...

Hahaha! That's the best one I have ever heard! Good luck.

Carol said...

It is rather mind boggling. She's a cutie, that's for sure. Can't wait to meet Floyd.

Becky said...

My kids think that you are a cat, and your daughter thinks you have squirrels in your tummy, how funny!!

shiloh said...

That story is hilarious. I also love the photo- that may be the look on her face when she actually realizes there are no squirrels. I'm sure the baby will soon cheer her up though. :) Good luck tomorrow!

Carebear's Thoughts said...

That's funny. She is such a cutie. She is growing up so fast. She will be a great big sister to Floyd.