Saturday, March 21, 2009

The story and an update

Here I am bright and early Monday morning all ready to have a baby. I was enduced at 7:00am and nothing happened for a few hours.  I was getting bored so Jacob turned on a movie for me. When the movie was ending, the doctor came and broke my water.  That's when things finally got moving although very slowly. After a few more hours I thought I might die so they checked me and I was only at 4cm. They gave me something to take the edge off the pain and I felt like maybe I was going to make it for a short while. After that wore off, they checked again and I was still only 6cm. At this point I thought for sure I was going to die so I gave up and asked for an epidural although it was POINTLESS. The guy doing it was only a resident so he had to have somebody watch him. That somebody took FOREVER to get to the room and they were lucky I was only half alive when they arrived. (Yes I am a bit dramatic and I don't have a very stong threshold for pain. ) The epidural took a while because he had to keep adjusting it. They finally got it in and a little while later I was at 10cm. I could feel the baby pushing through so they ran and got the doctor.(wait a second, i'm not supposed to be feeling this.) A half hour of painful pushing later he was finally born. After having such a hard long day I think I did die but found myself in Heaven holding a sweet little angel that made it all worth it. 
Now for the update. This little guy is a GREAT sleeper so far. He wants to eat ALL day long. What can I say? He's a big boy.  He is starting to be a little  more awake during the day and he poops more than anyone I know.  I've only been peed on once and since Lily has to be so involved with everything, I think she got sprayed a little too.  
Lily loves the baby so far. She always asks me if he is hungry and if I say  no then she goes down the list. "Baby sleep, baby poop, baby peep, baby diaper, baby blanky, baby binkey." She loves to bring me diapers and she makes sure the little basket is stocked with them at all times.  She is very concerned for him when he cries. Yesterday I was changing his diaper and he was screaming. I could see that she had a worried look on her face and after a while she just couldn't take it anymore so she yelled "STOP IT" She deffinately has a mothers ear. She hears him as soon as he starts crying and runs to the rescue. The jealousy factor hasn't started yet although she is very clingy to me. I try to keep her involved and play with her while  feeding him so we will see how it goes. 

13 comments:

Carol said...

Finally! An update. He's sure cute!

Becky said...

What a cute, giant baby! I loved your comment about dying and being in heaven with an angel. Congrats, you did a good job!

soccer mom said...

Kat! I'm so excited! He is so cute I just want to hold him! Give the kiddos kisses for us! Miss you, Sasha

Emily N said...

I cried reading the angel part. He is adorable! I love birth stories, thank you for sharing. I can't wait to see more and more pictures! You are a birthing champ!

Ashley said...

that was really great to read. I loved it. Congrats on being a mom of 2. Your amazing, and Lily is beautiful, and so is Jake. Hope you have a smooth and speedy recovery!

Hurst Family said...

Congrats you guys! That is so exciting, he's a cutie.
We were thinking about you when we were in AZ, I'm glad that everything went okay.
Hooray!

shiloh said...

Man, he sure looks cute. And Lily sounds like she is doing great as well. Enjoy!

Michal Thompson said...

I want to know how such a big kid got inside such a little tummy, that is not fair.

Emily said...

Congratulations, way to go! How is it having a boy?

Justin and Stacey said...

He sure is a cutie Kat!! Isn't crazy what we will go through to get these little babies here?

Carebear's Thoughts said...

He is adorable. Keep the photos coming. I love seeing and hearing what is going on in your lives.

Mamma Jaq said...

Hey Kat! Congrats to you and your family. You are awesome and I love the story of Floyd's birth. His Grandparents must really be proud to have him given a family name. Congrats to you again. Love you and think of you often.
Jackie

Colin & Lori said...

I can't believe you waited that long to get the epidural. I was asking for mine BEFORE they broke my water. He is such a cute baby!! Congratulations!!