Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Managing with two


I was so sad  to see my family go. It was so fun and very helpful to have them here.  Having two children has been a bit overwhelming for me but I think I am finally getting the hang of it a little bit. I have had to learn to let some of the less important things go and just take care of my kids at this point. Some day I will learn how to balance it all out and actually take care of my house and other things as well as the kids. Lily has sensed that I need a little help and has taken it apon herself to take care of things such as pouring her own bowl of cereal (above picture). She also has been changing her own diaper. As soon as she wets her diaper, she takes it off and puts a new one on. I don't know why she can't just use the toilet. We are still working on that one. (Sigh) She has also taken charge of her own discipline. Whenever she hits me or pulls my hair, she goes and sits in the time-out corner, cries for a minute, then comes and says sorry and gives me a kiss. This usually happens while I am feeding Jake. She loves Jake and attacks him with kisses constantly.

While Jacobs parents were here visiting, we made molds of the kids hands and feet. Suprizingly both kids were very cooprative.
When my mom was here, she found a bird building a nest in the bush right outside the window. Lily loves to sit and watch it. We cant wait till its eggs hatch and we can see the babies. The hard part is keeping Lily from knocking on the window and scaring the bird away.


5 comments:

Ashley said...

How adorable! Everything...
Lily is so sweet, and so cute, and so approaching the 2's! hehehe
Jake is beautiful Kat! Congrats. I wish I could see you and your kids sometime. I'm just glad I can keep up with you through blogging. I love it. What a great family you have.
Oh, and the time-out's Lily gives herself really kill me. What a little personality she must have!

Heather said...

Lilly is so cute and so is your baby boy! Congrats Kat!

stacie said...

I can't believe how big Lily looks in those pictures. It's been way too long since we've seen you guys. Matt and I thought it was so sweet how helpful she is...changing her own diaper and putting herself in time out. Maybe she could train Jack...he's pretty much her exact opposite right now :)

Heather said...

Ya for a while I have been wondering if you knew that I have been following your blog and the other day I realized that you probably don't know that I have a blog now, so I thought I would leave you a comment. I just started blogging in Feb and sometimes my blogs are a little girlie I know, but it's my blog I can write what I want. I miss you too!

Becky said...

I love your stories about Lily! Um, there are no pictures of the baby, except one with Lily's hair all over him. C'mon, show us! Is he cute or not?