Saturday, June 27, 2009

Psion Beta Strikes Back

This is mostly just an FYI post to anyone who cares. After another round of editing, I decided to send Psion Beta out there again, starting with Adams Literary Agency. They handle YA and middle grade books. Searching for an agency to represent your book is an awful lot like walking onto a stage in nothing but your underwear and trying to ignore the laughs. This will be the third hard push of agent seeking I've done, but each time my book gets better, so there's always hope. After the unbelievable amount of work and effort I've put into just one book (granted, it's my first) and seeing how hard it is to make it publishable (after months of thinking it's good and realizing it needs more work) I can understand how easy it would be to devote all your time to writing and only crank out a book or two a year. I can write about 100,000 words in 3-4 months if I have the time and the book already planned. However, making it readable takes a similar amount of time, if not more. Anyway, here's to Adams Literary Agency!

4 comments:

Kat said...

You can do it baby! I believe in you.

Adam said...

GO NINJA GO NINJA GO!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFLGRidfFo4

-ADAM

P.S. If you get the deal, I'll give you a Pizza trophy!

Carol said...

We'll be rooting for you! Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

good luck Jacob! I love your writing even if I haven't read much of it lately. . .I know Psion Beta has the potential to get published!