Wednesday, December 2, 2009

9 Months (well almost)




Mr. J had his 9 month checkup today. He has slowly been dropping on the weight chart. He weighs 18lbs 13oz. which is about the 10th% for boys. This little guy has been an absolute joy(except for the no sleeping part). He has such a wonderful personality and is usually so easy unless he is teething like he is right now. He wakes up about 5-6 times a night. I let him cry it out for a whole week and it did absolutely NOTHING. His Dr. told me to wait 3 weeks then try it again. I am not looking forward to it. His Dr. also told me (knowing what a weakling I am) that I better do it before he learns to cry "Mama" or it will never happen.
I love to watch Jake and Lily play together. The other day I had a HUGE pile of laundry in the hall where he and Lily were climbing to the top and rolling down laughing hysterically. He loves her so much and loves to be involved with everything she is doing weather she likes it or not. He thinks he's a big boy and likes to feed himself. Feeding time is always a mess because he swats at the spoon and won't let you get it near him. Sometimes Jacob holds his arms down while I try and feed him but then he clamps his jaw so tight it just ends up all over his face. Give him the spoon though and he's in heaven. And yes I have tried giving him his own spoon while I feed him with another one but that doesn't work either. Stubborn like his Mama I guess. (My mom is probably chuckling and thinking how much I deserve this)

Things I love about this guy......
The way he follows me around the house when I vacuum. He sits and watches in awe while I do a room and then quietly follows me to the next room where he sits and watches in amazement again.
That he is so snuggly.
His laugh.
How good he is when I put him down to bed at night. He lies right down on his tummy and waits for his blanky and doesn't usually move or make a sound he just goes right to sleep.
How he LOVES his Mommy.
How excited he gets when he knows he's about to get in the bath.
How he comes cruising in the kitchen if he hears the dishwasher or the fridge open. He can unload dishes faster than I can load.(Don't worry I keep sharp items away)
There are many more things I want to say but for the sake of this being a long post I will write them in my more personal journal. I love this guy to death. His smile melts my little heart every time and I am so blessed to have him.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

They grow so fast! It's just hard to comprehend that he's 9 months when I've never even met your children! Thank heavens for blogs that I get to keep up on your little fam and enjoy them from a distance. He is so cute, and I really hope the sleeping gets better for you. I adore your kids. And thanks for always posting nice comments on my blog, it makes my day!

Carol said...

Oh, yeah! I remember! You still are. It's all good though. (You get that quality from your father you know.)

Becky said...

What a sweet post! I miss you.