Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Putting My Machine To Use.

Jacob got me a sewing machine for Christmas and I LOVE it. It has been so much fun. I racked my brain for all the sewing skills I learned in my younger years and put them to use. Although I'm not as creative as I would like, it is still tons of fun. I was surprised how easily I was able to use the machine and not have to sit and read the manual. It was like this machine and I were destined to be together. Here are the things I have been working on so far....

Jake and Lily were always having me tie a blanket and my apron on them as super hero capes so I thought it would be fun to make them real capes.

(blanket and apron)

The capes. Yes they need to be ironed but you get the idea.
Next I had to do something about my couch pillows. They were awful.
This is what they looked like before.
3PCCOPLEYCOCOAOP2 Cocoa Upholstered 3-Piece Sectional

This is what they look like now. I had no idea what to do(this is where the lack of creativity comes in) so I was pretty much just making it up as I went along but I think they turned out ok.


Also I have been on a role today. I fixed Lily's pillow that has had a huge hole for the last 2 years and keeps losing it's fluff, I shortened two table cloths that were way too long and I made a doll blanket for Lily with the fabric that I cut off. I am loving having this machine.

5 comments:

shiloh said...

good for you! do you sew after your kids go to bed or do you do it during the day?

Claudia said...

LOVE the new pillows! You are so creative :) I keep wanting to update my couch pillows and you just motivated me!

Carol said...

WOW! I'm SO impressed! You go girl!

Rosalee said...

Everything looks amazing! I love sewing! It is a fun hobby.

Catherine Faux said...

I love them!