Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Nice Gesture

I recently entered an essay contest commemorating Martin Luther King Jr. Day. I found I didn't win, which was disappointing, mostly because the 1st place prize was 300 $. A sum I am not opposed to winning. Regardless, yesteday I got this nice email:

Jacob,
As one of the reviewers for the MLK Essay Contest, I just want to tell you how much I enjoyed and admired your entry in the contest. Though it did not receive a prize, it was still my favorite -- and so well-written.
You are a remarkable writer, and I hope you keep it up!
Mayo Bulloch

Mayo M. Bulloch
Director, Educational Enhancement Programs
Case Western Reserve University

It's so nice to get stuff like this from people you have never met, and may never meet. If you want to read the essay I wrote, I'll post in on my other blog.

3 comments:

becca said...

Good job Jacob! I want to read it!

Becky said...

Way to go Jacob.

Emily N said...

That's awesome! I'd love to read it and your other writings, but sadly, I'm not invited. Can I be invited? You may not even remember me at all, but your wife will, I think.