Saturday, June 14, 2008

Father's Day

It's MY day! I only get two of them a year, so I thought I'd better take advantage of it. It's nice to have those days in the year where my very existence is celebrated and all the stupid things I do are forgotten. But, I wouldn't even be a father if it weren't for my beautiful daughter. So I think we should celebrate her, too. When we first suspected Kat was pregnant, I freaked out and didn't talk to her much for the rest of the day. I couldn't believe I'd gone and done something so stupid. But it turned out to be quite the most wonderful thing. Lily is so special, and I'm always bragging about her, but it's only because I'm so crazy about her. I love walking into her room when she's awake and finding her smiling at me, so happy to be discovered again each morning.

And of course, I wouldn't have Lily if I didn't have Kat. Kat is the single greatest thing to happen in my life. She's the source of my creativity, humor, fun, and happiness. She's a spectacular mom and friend, and she cooks really really well, regardless of what she'll tell you. It wouldn't be a great Father's Day if it weren't for my amazing wife. I love my ladies more than anything.

Last but not least, there's my own Dad. He's been one of my best friends all my life. I love to talk to him on the phone and just chat, even though he wouldn't guess it since I never answer when he calls, but I always look forward to hearing his voice and telling him what's going on in my week. He's one of the first to read anything I write, and tell me how much he enjoys it. He's the hardest working person I know. And he's my hero. I love you, Dad! Below is a picture of my old man, as you can see, he has a great sense of humor:

4 comments:

Kat said...

Shouldn't I have been the one to put up this post and tell everybody all the great things about YOU? It seems a little backward but I am grateful for it. Thanks for being so great.

Carol said...

Sweet Jacob! Hey, your dad has aged a tad since I last saw him. Is he feeling okay? Thanks for loving my girl. Can't wait to see you guys.

Emily N said...

Oohh, I can see where you get your good looks from. Really, a sweet post.

jeanine said...

What a great post!