Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The big 3rd

The courtship. He started it. The paint fight that is. The engagement picnic
The happy couple



Starting a family. This is Jacobs first diaper.

Can I just say that Jacob is the best gift giver in the world. I always think he is not really listening to me when I talk but then on days like this when I get a gift from him I see that he was indeed paying attention. He always gives gifts that you would never expect or even think to ask for but once you get it you realize how much you wanted it and that it is more than just a gift because it has more meaning behind it. For example he gave me the book Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh. It was one of the first chapter books I ever read when I was a kid. I remember thinking to myself when I read it that it was my favorite book and that I would always think it was great no matter how old I got. I have not read it or even seen the book since I was young. I am excited to read it again and relive some childhood memories. Thanks Jacob I love you. Sorry my gift was so lame.


6 comments:

Rosalee said...

Happy Anniversary (a day late)!

Becky said...

Hope you two had a great day!

Ashley said...

Happy 3rd! That's great!

Carebear's Thoughts said...

Happy Anniversary. I hope that you had a fun day. Love the face paint. You will need to check out my blog. I tagged you.

stacie said...

i can't believe you loved that book too. it was one of my all time favorites. nice work jacob. hope you guys had a great anniversary!

Carol said...

Happy anniversary and happy birthday Jacob. You have lame in-laws, for not remembering and properly acknowledging all such important dates and events, but then you knew that when you proposed to our daughter, remember? We love you all.