Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Lily Parade

Lily and I commemorate the start of the new season of football!
This is on our anniversary. Lily was a great sampler, especially with the cheesecake, which she sampled several times. My job was to redirect her fork to the whipped cream.
Say, "Cheesecake Factory!"

Lily has a love/hate relationship with the vacuum cleaner. She's simultaneously fascinated and horrified by it. When we turn it on, she runs to the corner and hides, peeking out every few seconds in morbid curiosity. Then when we turn it off, she runs out, turns it on, SCREAMS, and runs back to the corner, usually crying. But she just can't seem to help herself.....

Lily truly is her father's daughter. As many of my mission companions will tell you, I spent a lot of time in front of the mirror. Lily's favorite place to play is somewhere she can see her reflection. On Sunday we had a BYU Concert Choir song playing during which they break into a sort of tribal song. This is Lily's modern dance interpretation. She gave herself a standing ovation.

7 comments:

Carol said...

What a mover and groover she is! She really gets into it, doesn't she? She's a cutie, that's for sure. Love the matching hats, Jacob.

becca said...

What a sweet post from a sweet father. Even though I am anti BYU, the matching hats is pretty cute. I loved the dancing too! She is too funny!

Marc and Tricia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marc and Tricia said...

Ok,
I am having issues with my comments...sorry. I had no idea Becca was anti-BYU! But, go Lily! She is so cute. We love you guys.
Tricia

Carol said...

Becca, what has happened to you!!!??? We were willing to accept you just being neutral, but ANTI. WOW! That's harsh! Is this what loyalty to your husband has done to you--turned you against your ROOTS? JK
Oh, this silly rivalry. Someday, you'll all grow up, thankfully. Meanwhile, enjoy.

becca said...

Okay, I didn't know this whole debate over me and using the word "anti" was going on over here. So, here's the skinny.....I messed up. I was not thinking when I used such a harsh word. So, what I really meant was I think you guys would look even cuter in Utah hats, but the BYU hats are pretty cute too. I am in no ways "anti" BYU, I just like Utah better...and I would really like it if Utah beat BYU this year. I hope you can all still love me despite of this wish.

Becky said...

Lily is so cute. Isn't parenthood awesome?
Kathryn, are you getting a big belly? You need to post a picture!