Sunday, February 21, 2010

Pulling her over to the Dark Side

Lily is becoming a Daddy's girl. We're trying to help her learn to say prayers by herself, encouraging her to think of things she's grateful for with a few prompts. Mostly she just sees her toys and lists them off. But I can't help but feel a touch a laughter when we tell her, "Thank you for my family," and she adds, "Yes, thank you for Daddy." Last night she singled out a blue bird on her bed sheet, and said, "And thank you for this blue bird." Then we decided to switch to asking for blessings, and after we prompted her to ask for a good night's sleep she said, "Help me to have a good night's sleep with this blue bird." We kind of lost it after that. Lily loves to laugh, and picks up quickly on any laughing or snickering going on.

This morning, I was trying to get Lily to compliment Kat (who looked foxy in a black dress) and said, "Lily, what do you like most about Mommy?" Her answer: "I like Daddy."

:)

2 comments:

Becky said...

That is very funny!! That is why Kat has Jake so she has a mommy's boy.

Ashley said...

So sweet! My girls are the same way, and I often think...What am I?! But it's sweet for girls to be their daddy's biggest fans. And I love this age and things they come up with to pray about. You can see why we are commanded to become like little children:)