Thursday, July 1, 2010

These Days

Lily is really into books and I love it. Normally when the house gets quiet it's time to be nervous about what the kids are getting into but the past couple weeks I have been finding Lily in her room just looking at books. I asked her why she has to make such a big mess when she reads and she said that it's because she just wants to read all of them. We are now working on getting one out at a time. In this picture she is reading Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles which has been the favorite of the day. I tried to look up a little video clip of the cartoon on youtube so she could watch it but I ended up getting some stupid little video that someone made to mock the ninja turtles and out of nowhere it became very violent and used naughty words. I had to hurry and turn it off. I think we'll just stick to the book for now. Jakes new thing is to become very offended every time I lay down. I have no idea why. He can be playing and laughing with Lily and not even paying attention to me but somehow every time I lay on the floor to do my exercises or whatever the reason be, he always glances over and gets upset. He will always cry and run off and bury his face in a corner or in this case a chair. Most of the time he will run all the way back to his room and put his face in what I call his "special corner" because it seams to be his place of refuge a lot. This video starts out with me lying down and then when you see the camera move a little bit, that is when I get up.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh that's sad and cute. Jake is worried about you. Aw.
Abby loves pulling off every book on her bookshelf. I can't get too mad though, because she actually looks at them so that makes it almost ok.