Wednesday, September 15, 2010

First Child

I know I have said this on Facebook but I am going to say it here as well. I could not have asked for a better first child. Lily is a natural care taker and she is so unselfish. I can't believe how many times Jake has wanted something that she has and she just gives it to him even when I know she really wanted it. Anytime Jake gets hurt she is usually the first one to the scene and she gently holds his hand and walks him over to where I am saying "It's ok Jake. I'll help you find mom. You will feel better." She is so proud of her little brother and likes to tell others about him. She is already so excited to start sharing her toys with her new sibling and is having a hard time waiting till February. Today I was in a hurry to get ready because I really had to get to the store and I was trying to do it before Jake needed his nap. He was already super grumpy. He was sitting in the hall outside the bathroom crying with a book in hand because he really wanted me to read it to him and I was trying desperately to finish my hair so we could go. A few minutes later I noticed he had stopped crying and I heard him and Lily in Lily's room. She was reading him the book. Her memory is quite amazing too because she was almost reading it word for word. I tried to film them with out them knowing but she saw me. She is the absolute sweetest thing and I just love her so much.

1 comment:

becca said...

That is the cutest thing ever! What a sweetheart!