Wednesday, December 8, 2010

J's first time playing in the snow

Tonight I had to go out and shovel the driveway because our plow guy never comes and I was worried Jacob wouldn't be able to get in when he got home. It was Jakes first time playing in the snow and he pretty much thought it was the coolest thing ever. Lily helped me shovel. I don't know why she chose to dump the snow in a big pile right behind the car but it was nice of her to help. Lily has been so excited for it to snow so she could make a snow angel and a snowman. Today It finally snowed enough to do that. Although we didn't get to the snowman because it was late, she still had fun rolling around in all the fluffiness.
Jake does not have proper gloves. He just has little knitted mittens and when they get wet he takes them off. I had to take him inside three times to put socks on his hands and he screamed each time thinking it was time to go in. His poor little hands were bright red ice cubes and he looked absolutely miserable but he still did not want to go inside. I practically had to drag him in after about 45 minutes of play and he kicked and screamed and cried and hung on the door for about 20 minutes till I forced him in a warm bath.
After his bath he put Jacob's boots on and was ready to go out again. He was not happy when I told him it was bedtime.
I wish I would have gotten a video of him first stepping outside. He just giggled and giggled as he tried to walk through the snow that came almost to his waist. I didn't think to grab the camera till we had been out there for a while.

ps. After we went inside the plow guy came. I was so mad but at least the kids had a good time.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

That is really cute! I need to let Aurora play in the snow. I guess I don't want to clean up the mess but it probably won't be that bad!