Friday, December 31, 2010

Picture Overload

Once again I tried to do a photo session with the kids and since it is so cold outside I had to make a really lame photo set in the house. I always get so stressed out when I do sessions with the kids because I try so hard to do a good job and it seems everything always goes crazy. My kids hate it and are difficult. After spending about an hour trying to get everything set up and do Lily's hair she was in a bad mood and Jake was ready for a nap. Here's what I got.

Lily started out expressionless
then switched to this. At least she is expressing some emotion.
Finally she snapped out of it and was great the rest of the time.







Jake was NOT a happy camper

Jacob was trying to make him laugh. He was thinking about it in this one.
Almost got him.......
but then we lost him.

4 comments:

Carol said...

These are great. I just laughed my head off envisioning you taking these. What beautiful children! Love Lily's hair--Jake's too.

Janelle said...

Lily's hair looks so pretty. A month or so ago, I had Ben take some head shots of me, for my photo site, and he kept snapping away, whether I was ready or not. He was just snapping in rapid fire succession, which is annoying in post-processing, but the absurdity of it made me laugh, which in turn produced a more natural smile and feel to the pictures. I'd been going (in some of them) for a more serious look, but he overcame that, too. Maybe try just something silly like that -- tell Lily you're going to just keep clicking until she smiles, and do it!

Maybe it won't work on kids, but it sure worked on me.

Kellie said...

so cute! Your daughter looks like Alice from the new movie!

Kristine said...

So cute, Kathryn! Love all of lily's fun expressions! I think Jake is starting to look a little more like lily now.