Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Taking Matters Into My Own Hands

Before we moved here I was stressing about a lot of things due to the fact that we would be out in the middle of nowhere. One of those things was haircuts. I didn't know if there was a place around to get it cut or how far I would have to drive or if they would even do a good job. I decided to take matters into my own hands. I figured Lily's hair would be tricky and the boys would be a piece of cake but it turns out I'm pretty good with girls hair and terrible with boys. It is going to take lots of practice.(poor kids) I don't blame Jacob for not letting me touch his. This morning I even got brave enough to cut my own and I think it turned out pretty good. I cut off about 2 in. because it needed it bad.

I've always wanted Lily's hair to be shorter in the front and really long in the back without having it look choppy. I gave myself the same haircut because it was super easy.




This is what she would look like with short hair. I'm definitely not ready for her to have a chop anytime soon.




I think the back is nicely rounded. I was worried it wouldn't look right from behind.


As a whole, Jake's doesn't look too bad but if you start paying too much attention it's a sad story. I can't quite get it even on both sides and the back looks a little choppy. For a first attempt (actually it might have been my secoind) It's not too shabby.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Lily's hair looks great! If I was in AZ, I'd start coming to you! Jake's looks cute in the picture too! Great job!

Justin and Stacey said...

Way to go Kat! See, you don't even need me :)