Hey friends, family, fans. I thought I'd just put up a quick post about how Britta and I came up with the cover design. When Britta first read the book, we talked about color themes, schemes, basic images that came to mind. With those things from our initial discussion, Britta came up with some basic concepts:
Then we start finding elements we like and dislike. I usually consult with a few trusted advisers. From there, we start narrowing down what we like, then brainstorm some more. This time we added a new element still at the concept phase.
As you can see from these two options, we went with the first, and developed it further.
Then we made a few tweaks for the final product: