Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Answers to my being tagged.

I don't really know what to say about myself but her it goes.......

1. I absolutely adore children. I have always loved kids but ever since I have had one of my own I have grown more tender-hearted for all kids. I get really emotional when I see kids that I think are so cute and sweet even when I don't know them. I don't usually cry unless I am by myself and I see a really sweet picture of a baby or something. Jacob can't be in the same room with me when I read parenting magazines because I make him look at all the cute babies on every page.

2. I love to bake. I make cookies way more often then I should because I love making them as much as eating them. I can't wait till Lily is older and we can make cookies together. I don't like cooking in general as much because I am not very good at it. It seems every meal I make never turns out how I thought it would so I just get upset. One of my goals for this year is to master the art of cooking. I am determined to get it right even if it takes me all year.

3. I love old old black and white movies. When we first moved here I rented them from the library and watched them just about every day. It got to the point where I started thinking and dreaming in black and white. I used to make fun of my mom when I was younger because she always watched old movies and I thought she was crazy. My favorite movie however is You've Got Mail. I have watched that one multiple times in a 24 hour period.

4. I like to read although I don't do it very often and I don't know why. My favorite author is my husband, Jacob. I love seeing how his imagination works. I am glad that he likes to write because when I was little I used to write little stories all the time. I have always wanted to write childrens books. I have started a few of them. My favorite children's books are Amelia Bedelia and all Dr. Seuss.

5. I don't like to travel. I love the idea of being somewhere exotic but I don't want to travel there. I hate driving and I am absolutely terrified of flying. I am excited for family vacations though when we get more kids.

6. I love the smell of laundry detergent because it is the smell of clean. I love it when I get in bed at night after washing my bedding and smelling the freshness of my pillow and blanket. Sometimes when I am at the grocery store I have to walk down the cleaning isle just to smell it.

so there you have it. I Tag Becca.

3 comments:

Janelle said...

I loved Amelia Bedelia, too! Such fun imaginative stories. I'm the opposite of you with the kitchen, though...I love to cook, and I'm good at it, but I'm not as huge a fan of baking. Not because I'm not good, I just like cokoing better.

Emily said...

Kathryn, we have some fun cookie recipes on my recipe blog, colliesue.blogspot.com. I can't wait to bake and do other fun stuff when Abby is older. I feel the same way about kids now that I am a mom. Funny!

Becky said...

Great answers! I too love to bake and not cook. I tend to make the same things over and over again, I have been known just ask Matt, that if I didn't like the way dinner turned out I throw it away. Then it turns into a frozen pizza night. I love to make cookies, Josie and Anthony love to help, they really love the cookie dough.
I also like to show Matt all the cute pictures or stories so I know how Jake feels. Oh well, men thats why us women read those things.