Saturday, November 8, 2008

Lily Update


I can't believe my little girl is 18 months already. She had a check-up a few days ago and she has finally hit 20 pounds. She is doing great in all other aspects of development and we are so proud of her. 
Some things that I love about her....
She gives lots of hugs and kisses. So sweet.
she is very friendly to people. She says hi to everyone we pass in the grocery store and then says bye on the way out.
She carries around a tissue and wipes her own nose when it runs. I just have to watch her closely though because she will wipe other kids noses with it if they have a runny nose.
She is great at sharing food with me whether I want it or not.
She loves her blanky. The other day I told her she could pick two toys to bring in the bath and she picked a ball and her blanky.

I took the video below because she was doing so well eating with a spoon and I was proud of her. I have recently been trying to teach her colors. So far she just knows how to say them but that's a start. Our favorite color that she says is pink. I don't know how she came up with that sound for pink but it's pretty funny.

8 comments:

Rosalee said...

Cute! I love how she says pink. How fun! I can't believe she just barely hit twenty pounds! Wow!

Michal Thompson said...

jacob- so glad you commented! So fun to see what is going on in your life. Yes, I am running a lot- a lot of marathons, 1/2 marathons and triathlons. I highly recommend them. So where/what are you doing in school? So who do you like kisses from the best, kat or lily??

becca said...

I can't believe how well she talks! And how well she feeds herself. Crazy! I love her outfit in that second picture. I can't wait to see her!

Michal Thompson said...

The reason I ask, is in your profile it says you like kisses. So sad that we lived right there next to eachother for a whole year! My whole ward was in Dental school at case any my brother-in- law goes there! He is Nate Johnson if you know him. His wife is connor's sister. So did you come see the play then? Connor was Joseph!! It was so fun but so hard for us to both be in it and juggle the kids. Oh, I am sad I just found out you lived there!! GRRR. I am glad I am not the only one who thinks My kids look nothing like me. With each one I have I am hopeful that one will look like me, but they just keep looking more like Connor! GRR!

shiloh said...

She is REALLY good at handling that spoon. Yay Lily!

Carol said...

WOW! Not only is her speech terrific, but she's pretty good with the spoon as well. Glad you captured the "pink"sound for posterity's sake. That is a classic, for sure.

Ashley said...

She is such a sweetie. Happy 18 month lily!

Justin and Stacey said...

Kat,

I'm not sure if I have your email right, but I sent you one a while ago asking if you could assist in Lily's nursery on Nov. 23. Let me know if that is okay!! Thanks!

staceofbace@hotmail.com