Friday, November 28, 2008

A Sad Commentary on Our Society

when a man is trampled to death by mindless shoppers trying to race one another to get a few bucks off a piece of merchandise. Story is here. I don't know what words can adequately describe the senselessness that happened today other than animal-like. Stampedes and the human species should only be linked when large amounts of them are trapped in a room caught on fire, and even then, some order should be hoped for. But this... I sincerely hope that the people responsible know who they are and know what they did. Something needs to be done to curb this type of behavior before something even worse happens.

1 comment:

Beki said...

That is really sad! As an avid black friday shopper I have to say that NOTHING is that important that you can't help someone up... or you wouldn't notice! Very sad. I'm happy you found us! And Congratulations on 6 months pregnant! WOW! I would love to be there again..... in due time I guess :)