Saturday, December 6, 2008

Welcome Home ... I guess

My wonderful sister Becca was so nice to fly Jacob and I home for Thanksgiving. In return, we watched her two little boys while they went on a vacation. It was so fun to see our families again. If we hadn't gone home, it would have been about a year before we saw them again so we were very grateful. We had a good time visiting with them and enjoying the nice weather.  The first picture is of the lodge we stayed at for a few days. It was so nice and relaxing. We returned home tonight and when we landed we saw that the weather was horrible. Then we went to get our bags and one of them was missing. Who knows when it will show up? We arrived home to a FREEZING cold house with absolutely no food. We ate it all before we left so it wouldn't go bad. We remembered there was a ward party that would have dinner and we were just in time for it so we got in the car ... only to find that it wouldn't start because the battery was dead.  We went back inside to make some calls for help and our phone died. I went to get the charger and remembered it was packed in the bag that the airline had misplaced. Next we tried the neighbors' houses to see if we could use a phone or get some help, but then found that they were all gone at the ward party. We then proceeded to eat top ramen and a box of chocolates (thanks, mom). Since it was so cold, I put Lily in a hot bath then rememberd all her warm clothes were also in the lost bag. Jacob sent emails to his friends' phones and we were finally able to get some help.
Thanks to everybody who helped us and thanks Stacey for driving in the awful weather to pick us up from the airport. We have such great friends.  Jacob got a ride to Wal-Mart to get a car battery and I am so glad that he remembered to pick up a few groceries since tomorrow is Sunday and we wouldn't be able to go to the store.  I was impressed with the stuff he got. It is probably the first time he has ever done the shopping without a list from me.  It has been a long night but now our car is fixed so we can get to church tomorrow and we have food to eat. Now the only thing I am worried about is how to do my hair tomorrow. All my hair stuff was in that darn bag. I won't be able to blow it dry, so for those of you who will see me tomorrow, if my hair is wet. you know why.

This is just a quick video of Lily playing with her cousin Cody. After that, there's a cute clip of Cody talking to his mom on the phone. It was so cute how excited he would get every time he heard her voice so I thought she might like to see it. 

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I am glad you got to see your Family Kat. I got to see mine for Thanksgiving too, and it's the best! Lily is just so darn cute, and Cody too. I'm sorry about your welcome home. I was almost laughing it was so sad how everything was going wrong! I hope things get better for you soon.

Carol said...

Oh my goodness. I'm glad you at least had the chocolates. Hope your other bag makes it.

sara said...

Oh my gosh, Kath. I wish we would have been home, you know we could have helped you. That happened to us our first year for Christmas. It was miserable coming back to a cold house, no food, and no luggage. Welcome back :)

becca said...

Sorry your welcome home was so unwelcome. I appreciate you coming out here and taking such good care of my kids! They love you guys! They miss Lily, but I'm sure Lily isn't missing them. Did you get your missing bag yet?

Michal Thompson said...

I think by the end of the night I would have cried. You are awesome!! And having to go back to Cleveland weather doesn't help