Thursday, August 13, 2009

Lily



Lily always looks so confused when I take her picture. I just wanted to take one so I could remember just how she looked this morning. She is the absolute sweetest thing and I feel bad that I don't record more of the little things that she does. This morning she woke up crying because she heard Jacob ride away on his bike and she was sad that she didn't get to watch him. I told her she could watch him when he comes back and she seemed satisfied. She then gave me a big hug and told me with a smile that she had a good sleep. Then we went to the kitchen for breakfast. I poured her a bowl of cereal then went to get the milk. She saw the box of cereal and my empty bowl next to it on the table and said "Oh I'll get that for you Mama." Then she pours me a bowl. Then she asked if I would sit by her. I told her yes then grabbed a rubber band to pull her hair back. While I'm doing her hair she says "Thanks mom." Then I sit next to her. She pulls my bowl right up next to hers and smiles at me. After taking a bite she turns to me and gives me a hug and a kiss.

At the Zoo in Omaha she was in the bird cage with jacob. For some reason she goes running up to the doors and yells "Mom I need to come out." Right as I was going to let her out somebody else was going in so she got out. She comes running over to me, gives me a hug and a kiss and says "I love you mommy." Then she runs back to the bird cage doors and yells "Mom I need to get in."

At the Childrens Museum she climbed down from the playhouse and ran over to where I was talkind with Jacob and his sister Becky. She gave me another hug and kiss then runs off again. Jacob yelled after her "Hey wheres mine?"

Last night Jacob was working till midnight so we took dinner to him and ate with him. When we got to his work Lily went running through the doors over to him and gave him a big hug and kiss. Then she said "I love you Daddy."


Even though age two has been quite a challenge for me, I still find myself often wishing that she would stop growing up and stay just the way she is.

4 comments:

Janelle said...

Very sweet!

Becky said...

I'm so glad you are writing down all those little cute things. Cherish the moments, they go by fast! Thanks for sharing them.

Carol said...

Amen to what Becky said. You think you'll remember and write it later, but later never comes. Way to go for recording such tender moments. Remember these when she's a teenager. Use them to remind her of who she REALLY is.

shiloh said...

What a sweetheart. I especially love the story about breakfast time. What a great relationship you have!