Monday, August 10, 2009

Mormon Trail Center

We went out to the Winter Quarters Temple and the Morman Trail center. It was a neat experience. Two of the cutest pioneers in the world.
Here I am showcasing a model of the Salt Lake Temple. I should be on The Price is Right don't you think?
One of the things that really touched me was seeing the actual graves of the pioneer children and loved ones who died there. They were scattered about on the temple grounds. This is a memorial built on top of a grave of an unknown child. It is a statue of two parents burying their child.
Lily and her cousins running to the Temple. It is a small but beautiful Temple as you can see.
Lily has this fascination with touching the Temple. Every time we talk about a Temple she always remembers how she touched it. This is only the second Temple she has actually been to but she has seen pictures of others.
Later that evening we went for a little swim. Here is Jake watching everybody. After a while his hair got all wet because some kids kept coming up and rubbing his head for some reason.
Lils swimming with Dad.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

That's cute about lily touching the temple. Jake is getting so big, it's crazy to me!
That statue of the parents burying their child definitely makes you sad doesn't it...
I'm loving these posts, because I'm going to be going to Ohio to see one of my best friends one of these days, and I'm going to do all of this...at least I keep dreaming!

jeanine said...

Jake... I forgot you were from Nebraska. Are you from Omaha? That's where my brother in law is from. Do you know the Pincocks? Oh wait! Brent was in our ward that year. Did you know him before? My sister married Brent's brother... anyway...
I love the Mormon Trail Center... and the Winter Quarters Temple is beautiful!

Heather said...

Looks like you guys had fun!! That is awesome! Love ya tonz girl!