Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Children's Museum

The last day we went to the childrens museum. It was the cutest place ever. It gave me so many ideas of things that I want to do for my kids when we own our own house some day. Of course by the time that happens my kids will be grown up so maybe it will have to be for the grandkids.
Here is Lily trying to lift Aunt Becky. Anthony is in the other chair and Makayla is in the stroller.
One of my favorite parts was Sesame Street. Here is Lily and Big Bird. Below is Jacob and Lils in a fire truck. Lily LOVES fire trucks. To her a fire truck makes the same sound as a wolf.
More Sesame street. Here is Jacob and the kids sitting on the famouse steps of 123 Sesame Street. I wish I got the 123 address in the picture but oh well.
Jake showing off his goofy feet with Elmo, Bert and Abby.
There were so many things to do here and Lily was staying plenty busy and loving every minute.

On the way home Lily pulled up her shirt to feed her baby. After she was done she asked for a rag because the baby spilled (spit up). She has come a long way because she used to nurse her baby from her belly button.

Also on the way home Jacob and I were getting pretty tired driving in the early hours of the morning so he came up with a game to keep us awake. It may sound a bit gross but it worked really well. What you do is one person picks a category like numbers 1-10. Then they pick a number. The other person tries to guess all the numbers except the one that is picked. If they choose the number that was picked then they get a small mouthfull of water spit in their face. If you were to guess all the other 9 numbers then you win. Jacob won a handful of times and I won only once. It was mostly just the two of us spitting water at each other for a couple of hours. By the time we got home we were tired, wet, and happy.

6 comments:

Rosalee said...

I love when little kids copy their mothers and try to nurse things! I just think it is adorable! The Omaha Children's museum is a great place! Did you guys go into the dark heat sensor room? I thought that was awesome!

Becky said...

We were glad that you all could come out and visit us. We had a great time, although I think Holly has relaxed some since Lily left. I too noticed were your daughters hand was but it was the best picture of all of them. I was hoping you wouldn't notice. Don't worry it is natural for them to do that. Anthony is always grabbing himself at least it is on the outside of his pants. (Thank goodness!) Josie was sad when Lily left she said that Lily was her best friend. Good thing she will see her soon! We love you all!!

Ashley said...

I love little girls who learn to nurse just like their mommies. It's Adi's fave thing, and so sweet. I just love it.

Rosalee said...

When Jacob told me on the phone you stayed awake by spitting on each other I thought you guys were joking. That is pretty gross, but at least you stayed awake!

Mary said...

That is so funny! Matt used to do that when he was a kid, haha...shhhh. He did have two older sisters & a mom that seemed to always be nursing some baby I'm sure (there were 8).

Kristine said...

Is that the museum in Lincoln? We tried going once but it was closed. Lily's pretty darn smart!! Kira never could figure out the nursing bit, it was always from the belly button.