Saturday, October 30, 2010

Discoveries in Solitude

Kat and Lily and Jake have been gone for the last week and a half. I thought I'd share some of the things I've discovered about life since I've been alone:

1. When you go to bed alone and wake up alone, life is like one long day.

2. I wash and fold clothes much faster than Kat.

3. I don't know how to work the dishwasher.

4. Writing happens when little kids don't need books read to them.

5. My kids actually miss me when I'm not around.

6. Socks can be left on the floor for a few days and then gathered up at laundry time.

7. I'm lazy about cooking. My lunch for the past few days has been cereal, plums, yogurt, carrots. Dinner: string cheese, milk, pizza, or plums.

8. After about three days of no wife, dreams start getting really weird.

9. It's nice to come and go as you please.

10. Being a family man is the best way to live.

No comments: