Sunday, March 6, 2011

Big Sister Lily


This picture was taken when we found out we were pregnant with Jake. She may not look like she really cares about being a big sister here but she sure cares now.

Yesterday the boys had their 4 week and 2 year checkups. Jake gets pretty nervous when going to see the Dr. He started crying when they asked him to step on the scale, and trying to make him stand against the wall to measure his height was tricky. (He usually starts crying the minute we walk in to the office so we're making progress) By the time the Dr. came in the room he was hiding under the table. Lily assured him he would be fine and he eventually came out. He wouldn't let the Dr. touch him with the stethoscope so Lily had him use it on her to show Jake how easy and not scary it was. Then it was time to lie on the table to be examined. He began to cry but Lily jumped up on a step stool and held his hand. She kept leaning in close to him saying "It's ok Jake I'm right here. You're going to be fine." Then she would kiss him on the forehead. She continued to do this throughout the remainder of the examination and the Dr. kept looking at me smiling because it was so cute. What made it even cuter was that Jake was actually consoled by her efforts. (Just so I have it on record somewhere, Asher weighed 9lbs. 12oz. and Jake was 27lbs.)

This picture was taken tonight as they were goofing off on our bed. Also things that happened tonight: Lily gave Jake a hug and kiss for no reason and Jake said "Thanks Lily hug n kiss." After we tucked them in bed I could hear Lily talking. As I got closer to the room I could hear that she was telling Jake the story of Goldylocks. It was pretty cute if I may say so myself. (except for the part where the bears eat Goldylocks. She's been listening to dad again.)

Lily also loves being a big sister to this little guy. She is so helpful and loves being involved with everything I do concerning him. Tonight at dinner Ash threw up all over me right as we were sitting down.(Jacob was out with the missionaries so things were a little crazy) The room was silent as we all just stared at the mess thinking the same thing which was "Oh great" when Lily finally said "Don't worry mom. I'll go get a rag." She brought a rag then said "Oh sorry, did you need me to get it wet?" Unfortunately not even a wet rag could help the situation. It was definitely bath time.
Earlier today Ash woke up from his nap crying but I was in the middle of something so it took me a minute to get to him. When I went in his room I found Lily standing by the crib singing "I Am A Child Of God."
One of Lily's favorite things to do with Asher is hold him while she watches a show. She is constantly saying "Mom Asher is so cute. Why is he so cute?" to which I reply "Because he's you're brother."

3 comments:

Ashley said...

What a sweet sweet little post! She's darling!

Rosalee said...

What a sweet little girl! Kat, this is definitely a tribute to you - you are a great mother!

Unknown said...

She is so amazing! Definitely a compliment to you for your mothering. I'm not surprised to hear of Goldilocks demise.....maybe Jacob should write a book rewriting the fairytales.....