Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Halloween = Identity Theft


Of course this isn't a warning post! Why should anyone be worried about identity theft? After all, as Dwight says, "Identity theft is not a joke, Jim! Millions of people are affected every year!" So, yes, this is a warning post.

Halloween is approaching. The time of the year when everyone worships the devil by debasing themselves and asking neighbors and strangers alike for dentistry-endorsing sweets. You probably just stood up and said, "Wait a minute! Halloween isn't really a satanic holiday." Without asking the Jehovah's Witnesses their opinions ( no offense to my JW readers ;) ), it's really not hard to see that, as usual, I'm right.

Q: Who is the devil?

A: The father of lies.

Q: What do we do for Halloween?

A: Dress up as something we're not (lie about ourselves).

For instance, my nephews are going as a pirate and a horse. Are they actually those things? No. The only thing my "pirate" nephew has ever plundered is a bowl of cookie dough. And the other is no more a horse than I am published (for now). Lies? YES!

Now consider the implications. I could dress up as anyone and pretend to be anything for Halloween. If I dressed up as YOU everyone would think I (you) was (were) a junk-eating glutton. But it's okay.... Because on Halloween it's okay to steal someone's identity. Yoda, Spider-man, Dracula, and every U.S. President are among the victims in this rationale. Personally, I don't think it's right. Either Halloween should be banned or costumes should be limited to fictional characters. And don't tell me Spider-man isn't real. I saw him on TV.

5 comments:

Rosalee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
S. Schuller said...

This was hilarious. I liked the picture. So, does this mean you aren't dressing up for Halloween? And what is that cute little Lily going to be, Mr. GowEns?

michael said...

You could dress up as me and be a bigger junk eating glutton if you want.

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
whitney holland. said...

VERY ODD ENTRY! How is KAT doing?