Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Tales for the Melancholy Child and other....

I am REALLY excited. A lot of you may know that I'm a writer. If you don't, I'm still a writer. I'm trying to get published, and have some good leads that I'm working on, but until then, I'm also a dentist, and I hope you're flossing daily. To the left you'll see our family links, and if you're interested in keeping up with my publishing updates and some short stories I have in my head, then keep an eye on the site. One of the ideas I have floating around my brain is a book of Tales for Melancholy Children. What is it? Besides the obvious, I promise to give you a taste before a week from today. Hopefully I'll be updating it regularly. Here's the catch: if you want to read them, you have to leave me a comment with your email so I can allow you access to it. Unfortunately, you will have to sign up for blogger if you've not already. Since it's my own writing, I don't want any hippie-ho-ha-nanny coming along and stealing it.
Also a note. I made a promise to myself and my family that I would never swear in my writing if I could help it. In some of my short stories there is some language, some four letter words. I would never put them in if I didn't feel they belong. I'd love to hear your feedback as long as it's not chastisement for swearing because I believe I have very conservative views on this. I'll be posting some of the ones I wrote for a class shortly. Thanks!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I hope you have success trying to get published. It's a noble thing you continue to write while you strive to support your family. Maybe you can test your stories on your patients when you get them! My old dentist used to whistle through my fillings. I would much rather have heard a story.