Friday, February 6, 2009

Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award


A good friend told me about this today, so I spent most of the morning and afternoon working on my pitch, description, sample, and sending in the entry (Psion Beta)!!! The first round is judged solely on the pitch, description, and sample, and the quarterfinalists will be announced next month. 10,000 people can enter, and then the contest closes. I think I got mine in in time. I AM SO NERVOUS! And the last thing I need is something to worry about 24/7 for the next three months, but how could I not enter? The winner receives a 30,000$ contract with Penguin Books, but several finalists last year got signed, too. Anyway, please keep me in your prayers about this, Psion Beta could rock your world!
Here is the preview for my entry:
https://www.createspace.com/Preview/1054220 

3 comments:

Carol said...

Way to go, Jacob. We'll pray for you.

becca said...

I hope you win! That would be cool.

Becky said...

I hope you win, your books are really good. Love you!!