Monday, July 20, 2009

Old Friends on the East Coast

Kat and I are in Baltimore right now, the area where I served my mission. It's been quite eventful so far, and we're halfway through the trip. So far we've gone down to D.C. and driven to Frederick, MD, about an hour and a half away. Jake has not been kind to us on these hour+ trips. His favorite activity has been to scream at the top of his lungs, non-stop, the entire time. To be honest, it's been awful. However, we've had a great time once we've gotten to where we want to be.
In D.C., we met up with two very good friends of mine, Nicole and Jennifer Clardy. I used to know them in Louisiana, where I lived 15 years ago. They were basically two of my sisters, as my mom watched them every day after school, and sometimes for one-two weeks at a time when their parents were sent away on military duty. They were a great help with the kids, and Lily particularly enjoyed them.
We're staying with "Grandma Audrey", a great friend of mine who I met while a missionary and baptized. We've kept in touch the last several years and we were both excited when Kat and I finally had a chance to take the family to the east coast. We probably won't go down to D.C. proper anymore, but we'll still try to visit the D.C. temple and Inner Harbor Baltimore before we go home. Enjoy the pictures.
From left to right: Nicole, Kat holding Jake, me holding Lily, Jennifer.
Lily LOVED Nicole, especially when Nicole carried her.
That large thing behind us is the Washington Monument.
We wished we could have spent more time here, but next we'll go not in the summer, and not with little little kids.


Me and Kat with Audrey and the Dumonts. The Dumonts were my mission leaders in the Winter's Run Ward. Great people, great friends!
Lily having fun at the Smithsonian bug exhibit.

4 comments:

Adam said...

AWESOME! Pretty most awesome that you are back in our old stomping grounds.

Enjoy!

Becky said...

Looks like lots of fun. We all are going to be seasoned travelers pretty soon. Hopefully, Jake will calm down pretty soon.

Rosalee said...

That's awesome that you got to visit with Nicole and Jennifer. It looks like they are both doing well. Sorry about Jake screaming so much. But I guess that's just how it goes sometimes. I hope the rest of your trip is fun. Tell Audrey hello for me!

Carol said...

Oh the joys of travelling with small children! Memories . . . Kat, you look just gorgeous--hair, dress, WOW!