Friday, September 4, 2009

4 years

I am mad at myself because I didn't even think to get a picture of us. I need to be better about taking pictures. However we still had a wonderful day and have had a wonderful 4 years.This is one of my presents from Jacob. It was probably my favorite. I wish I could tell you what it is but as you can see it is strictly confidential.
Jacob and Lily watching one of my other presents. It is a glass cube with the temple we were married in etched on the inside, and also another one of the savior. They are beautiful.

Jacob came home from school a little early, so we hung out and opened presents. I'm not saying what I got him because it is lame compared to all that he got me. I was under the impression we were not spending money. Then we dropped the kids off at our friends (who probably feel so used by us. Thanks, guys.) and went out to dinner at a very elegant French restaurant called L'Albatros (The Albatross).
While waiting for our food we had a fromagerie (a guy who knows a ridiculous amount about cheese) come and give us 5 samples of some exotic cheeses. Two of them tasted like rotten goatmilk, another like rotten garbage, another one was an overpowering herbal flavor and the last one we kind of liked. It tasted like a stronger flavor of swiss cheese. It was called Midnight Moon.
I felt like we had to eat every bite because the restaurant pays $30 a pound for it but I couldn't stomach it. I enjoyed the experience, though. When we sat down jacob turned to me and said, "You can not order pizza or a hamburger." I am not one for trying something new. It was the first time I have ever tried duck and lamb. I felt cruel eating the lamb for some reason. It was such a nice place that I felt like the waiters were secretly wondering what we were doing there but they were all super friendly and I learaned a lot about cheese and wine. (no, we did not drink wine ....... we couldn't afford it:)
After dinner Jacob went to get ice cream while I put the kids in bed. The one on the right (if you can see it) is the one he got for me. He later pulled out another one he had hidden.
We spent the evening playing a game of Sorry with this bright-eyed little man because he would not go to sleep. After about 45 min. Lily woke up screaming and then both kids screamed for about the next couple hours. While dealing with that, we were also dealing with our house being filled with siggy smoke. We just had a neighbor move in below us who smokes and it is coming up in our house. We are not quite sure what to do about it yet. She is the nicest girl and we don't want to make things awkward. Anyway it was a good day. Thanks, Jacob, for all you do for me. I love you.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Happy 4th you guys!

Carol said...

Awww, how sweet!

Kari said...

Congratulations!

Don't be shy about telling your neighbor that you have little kids in your house and her cigarette smoke infiltrates your space. There are lots of ways you can do that without sounding mean, and I think most cigarette smokers I know would not want to make you uncomfortable.

becca said...

Sounds like a good time! How cute that the kids wanted to party with you.:) That picture of Jake is HILARIOUS! What was the confidential gift? You can tell me Kat, come on.