Saturday, September 5, 2009

BYU TOPPLES OKLAHOMA!

This may go down as one of the best birthday weekends I will ever have. BYU, ranked number 20th in the nation, defeated number 3 Oklahoma in Dallas, TX. I watched the game. The whole game. And I measured my pulse in the 4th quarter, and I kid you not, I was over 120 bpm. I don't even want to think about what my blood pressure was measuring. Here are some photos:

It was a rough game from start to finish. BYU committed four turnovers, including one only yards away from the endzone.

Max Hall had to dig in deep on BYU's final drive, needing to convert on 3rd and long on almost every set of downs. Pitta came up big in several catches. The defense made several AMAZING stops, and cannot be credited enough for how well they played against what is one of the best offenses in the nation.


It was McKay Jacobsen who came up with the final TD, wide open in the endzone with a minute and a half left in the game. GO COUGARS! We will follow you with tremendous excitement throughout the remainder of the season. Play your best.

3 comments:

Rosalee said...

WOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! GO COUGARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!! You should have seen grandpa... man I thought he was gonna have a heart attack when things got so close. Jim gave out the loudest cheer after we won! It was awesome! I'm so glad we won!

Carol said...

So happy for you all. WE were at a wedding reception, but Dave and Rawl watched the recorded version when they got home. (I opted for a good movie--you know I would.)

jeanine said...

Our RS president is McKay Jacobsen's cousin! Half of our ward went to the game... some came home happy and others REALLY sad.