Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Updates

The past few days the kids and I have been sick with what feels like the flu. It might be swine flu but I am not sure. (Thanks Jacob for living on Hot pockets and other crapola and not complaining.)I have been keeping a close eye on poor little Jake. I feel so sorry for him. I only know how I am feeling and it kills me to think he is going through the same thing. I wish there was something I could do. The other day I was feeding him and he was so exausted he just koncked right out. Hopefully things start getting better soon.

Jake is 6 months old tomorrow. He finally cut his two bottom teeth. Man it was rough but we got through it. He is scooting around and almost crawling. I thought he would take longer than Lily because he has a lot more weight to carry but he just might beat her. Lily was crawling by 7 months. He has started eating solids and so far so good. Although it would be a lot easier if I could get him to get his thumb out of his mouth. Right now his favorite things are pears, his thumb and things that ar silky.

Lily has been sweet, cute, fun and turning my hair gray all at the same time. I can't get her to take a nap anymore and she seems to need it bad. She gets so cranky. The other day I put her in timeout around 5:30pm and she fell asleep on the floor in about 5 seconds. Then she had a hard time sleeping that night. Oh what to do? Any advice from you wiser moms than I?
A cute quote from Lily this week was when I was in bed while Jacob was watching the kids. She kept coming in and pulling on my arm trying to get me out of bed. I tried to explain to her that I wasn't feeling well and I needed to sleep. After she came in about the 15th time I could see that it was hopeless so I got up. Lily then said "See mom you got up. You're all better now." If only life was that simple .
Also She is finally finally finally potty trained. She now goes on public toilets and doesn't even use a trainer seat at home. She wakes up sometimes at night to go and I am thinking about taking diapers off her at night because many times I forget to put one on her and she doesn't wet the bed. Hooray for Lily. We are so proud of her.

This one scares me. She has become obssessed with flying and loves to jump off things. So far the highest thing has been the kitchen table but this girl has no fear so i'm afraid. She loves to make her toys fly (also dangerous for Jake mostly who's head gets in the way sometimes) and her favorite phrase in the movie The Incredibles is "Fly home Buddy" Lately she has been repeating a phrase before she jumps and I finally figured out what she is saying. She says "To infinity and beyond" I have a cute niece kate who loves princess stuff and it is so darling. I always hoped Lily would get in to that but so far no dice. This little girl ladies and gents loves to be Buzz Lightyear. She also loves cars, dinosaurs, spiders,(I try to be supportive of this one) spiderman, picking her nose and eating it and airplanes. (of course) However she does LOVE to paint her nails and wear pretty bows. She and her brother will be good buddies.

This video was just something I have been wanting to post for a while. I really just wanted Jacob to see it. It is kind of long and the cute part is really only in the first few seconds so after that you don't have to watch. This is when we were in Utah and Lily would talk to Jacob on the phone. It was so cute how she would try to show Jacob her "owies" over the phone.

3 comments:

Rosalee said...

I hope you all start feeling better soon! Those videos are super cute! I love Lily's little voice. It sounds so sweet!

Becky said...

She sounds like Josie, she loves cars, dinosaurs, bugs and nothing princess. At least you want have to buy a different set of toys for Jake, that worked out great for me. Although, I am trying to get
more into dolls so I bought her a pretty new one for her birthday. And the thing with the naps sometimes it just a phase she is going through just stay consistent and keep putting her down at the same time. You may have to go in and play tough mom a couple of times. That is what I have done with mine, sometimes I have taken away a favorite toy, movie time or something that is important to them. Just keep being consistent, as I have learned phases are hard and very trying at times but you both get through them.

stacie said...

I can't believe Lily is potty trained. Hooray for both of you. Hope you all are feeling better soon!