Monday, October 5, 2009

"Tender Mercies"

Today I had to go grocery shopping. Those of you who know me well know how much I hate doing this. I was trying to time it perfectly so that as soon as I was done it would be time to go get Jacob then he could help me carry the groceries in when we got home. It ended up taking a lot longer than planned (as usual.) I was carrying Jake in the baby bjorn, so naturally my back was breaking by the end because he's so heavy these days, and Lily was being her usual, "I DON"T WANT TO SIT IN THE CART" self. I had a lot to get and was trying hard not to forget anything so that I would NOT have to make this venture again for a while. Anyway, to make a long story longer: I'm driving to get Jacob when he calls and says he will be a few minutes longer, so I figured I could either get there early and listen to kids scream while waiting for him or I can stop at home and unload the groceries quickly and then go get him. I got home and left the kids in the car while I ran in and out of the house with bags. We live on the second floor so it was quite a workout for me. By the time I was finished I was stressed out again because now I was running late and Jacob would be waiting for me. I started backing out of the driveway when Lily said to me, "I went pee pee in my pants." I got out and checked her and she was soaked and her car seat was soaked. I ran her in the house and changed her as fast as I could. Jake was screaming by that point. I finally left to get Jacob. On the way I suddenly got an impression to turn on the radio. I ignored the feeling for a few seconds when it came again. I turned it on and to my wonder one of my most favorite songs was just starting. (Don't laugh, I listen to the christian rock station a lot and there is a song called "Savior, Please" and I love it.) Anyway so it is just starting and I am soooo happy because I always wait for this song to play and it hardly ever does and when I do catch it it is usually almost over. I started singing along and really paid attention to the words and when it got the the Savior keep saving me part it suddenly hit me that I really needed to hear this and that I know I was prompted to turn it on for that reason. Of course, I got very emotional and started to cry. It was a reminder to me that the Lord is aware of me and I felt his love so strong at that moment and that is something that I really needed also. I know it is kind of a cheesy situation but I am so grateful for it. You can check it out here.

4 comments:

Carol said...

Thanks for sharing. What a sweet, tender story--a good reminder for all, that God is aware of us each and everyday. "Be still and know that I am God." Hard to know sometimes when we're running around like a crazy woman.

Becky said...

I love that you listened and turned on the radio in the midst of all that was going on. Thanks for the story!

Ashley said...

What a sweet story. I don't think that cheesy. I really enjoyed it, and i liked the song too, thanks for sharing!

Laura said...

I love christian rock too! Britt Nicole is my fav.