Sunday, October 4, 2009

It all comes back to bite you

Lily is in the middle of that "getting after you" phase, where we're constantly having to say things like: "Lily, please don't scream."
"Lily, please stop picking your nose."
"Lily, when you cough, you need to cover your mouth."
"Lily, don't eat your boogers. That's disgusting."
"Lily, leave Jake alone."

Well, Lily is smart enough to realize that these rules should apply to everyone. Today I coughed, but pointed my face upward so I wouldn't be coughing on anyone. Lily immediately shouted, "Dad, you didn't cover your MOUTH!"
So, I had to fake another cough and make sure to cover up.

What am I going to do when she catches me picking my nose???

2 comments:

Adam said...

Jake,

There comes a point in everyone's life that one realizes the being caught picking your nose is inevitable...at that point, you embrace it, no longer try to hide it, and never look back. Your nose will thank you for centuries to come.

-Your Eldest

Carol said...

Get used to the kids watching your every move. What you DO will speak louder to them than anything you SAY.