Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Must Read

When Bush left office, I wrote a post thanking him for his work. I still stand by much of what I said. I think Bush did some wonderful things and some less wonderful things as President. I don't know if we've ever had a "perfect" president, but my brain tells me the answer is almost certainly 'no.' Well, I don't like Obama. I'm sure that's no surprise. Ft Hood was a tragedy that our nation suffered similar to many shootings we've had in the past, except this one never should have happened. The feds had probed Hasan in the past, they knew he was dangerous, and yet somehow he managed to attack an Army base and kill almost a dozen people. Obama, being the insensitive mongrel that he is, handled the situation almost as poorly as possible. Read about it here. It's almost as horrific and mind-boggling as the shootings. I struggle to imagine a president much worse.
Contrast this with another president, maligned and despised by the country, who silently and without fanfare heads to Ft Hood and meets with the families and victims for hours, consoling them and helping them. That's right. George W. Bush and his wife, Laura, were in Ft Hood and doing what the President should have been doing. Read the articles that I have linked and contrast the two presidents, one so globally loathed, the other so universally loved. It's wonderful that Obama was able to properly respond at the memorial service after someone was able to write a nice, cover-up speech for him, but his true character was seen in the immediate response.

4 comments:

Rosalee said...

Wow. Thanks for posting that. I really had no idea how Pres. Obama handled the situation. I've always liked George W. Bush. I know he tried his best. Sure he had his failures, but I always appreciated his sincerity.

Carol said...

You nailed it! I'm still stunned at Obama's shout outs.

Ashley said...

It really does make me cry. Really. Thank you for posting this.

Becky said...

I didn't watch the news conference either so when I watched that I was shocked. I always liked Bush and his sincerity too. I felt like he truly cared. I am not to sure about Obama.