Tuesday, October 7, 2008

2 Items of Business

First item: For my birthday, I used my gifted money (thanks mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, other grandma, other grandpa) to buy a Wii Fit. I started using it the day I got it: About one week ago today. I weighed in at a whopping 181 lbs! My BMI was 27.5. After one week, I'm still about 180 and my BMI has slightly gone up. Don't let that worry you. I'll be reporting in every week or so to let you know how things are going. My goal is to lose about 20 lbs, although Mr. Wii Fit says I need to be around 145, I haven't weighed that little since I graduated from high school, when I was running every day and only eating Raisin Bran. Anyway, if you own a Wii and you want to a new, fun way to work out, I'd highly recommend this. We chose to get it simply because I didn't want to spend the same amount of money for a good pair of running shoes (they both cost about the same). Plus, Kat can use it, too. Bytheway, Kat weighs in at a trim 140, with a BMI of 21. Which is perfect for her body size.

Second item: I recently discovered a new website called Today's Big Thing. It puts a new funny or cool video up everyday. Most of them are PG-13 or safer, but I'm not guaranteeing anything as Kat and I only checked out a month's worth of posts. The point is, you HAVE to see this amazing football catch: http://www.todaysbigthing.com/2008/09/25 if you watch nothing else. But Kat and I would both recommend looking for the raccoons dancing, the post-it notes experiment, and the skee-ball mishap. TTFN

3 comments:

Kat said...

Ok let me just remind everybody that I am almost 5 months pregnant, so pretty soon the wii will be telling me to get off the scale before I break it.

Carol said...

Fruits and veggies, Jacob. Man cannot live by Raisin Bran alone. Kat--you're 5 months and only 140 lbs.? WOW! Keep it up.Be sure to eat your fruits and veggies too.

Becky said...

Good luck losing weight Jacob. I am glad no one posts my weight on the internet for everyone to read.