Saturday, October 25, 2008

Just me being grateful

Yesterday afternoon, I had my teeth cleaned at the dental clinic by my sweet husband and being pregnant, I started to get very hungry. On the way home, I felt like I might die of starvation. I was thinking about all the things I could make to eat that wouldn't take long as soon as I got home. I decided a grilled cheese sounded good. After much complaining we got home and I made a sandwitch for Lily and I, (I was not neglecting Jacob. He didn't want one.) We sat down at the table to eat. At this point, I felt so sick, I was about ready to inhale the whole thing. Just before I took the first bite, I glanced over at my sweet 18 month old little girl and she calmly set her sandwitch back on the table, folded her arms and bowed her head to pray. I stared at her for a few seconds feeling guilty that I had forgotten to give thanks for and bless the food. Later that night I was thinking about it and I decided that lately I have been spending too much time complaining and not realizing how good I really have it.
So first off I want to express how grateful I am for my husband and for all that he does for us. He works so hard and has to put up with a LOT of stress in school. Somehow he still manages to be so sweet when he gets home. Lily and I are always so excited when it is time to go pick him up. I also want to say how grateful I am for my little girl. She is such an example to me at such a young age. If I never have any more girls I will forever be grateful I got this one. I also feel so blessed that I am able to have children and that I have a sweet little boy on the way. Although this has not been the most pleasant of pregnancies, I still love to feel that tiny little life inside of me and I can't wait to meet him. I am so grateful for my family. My parents and parents-in-law have done so much to help us through the difficulties of being a poor, struggling student family. It scares me to think that I might not be able to repay them for all that they have done. I am grateful for so much more but I will save it for the journal.

PS. I am also grateful that my husband is going to proofread this when I am finished so that I don't look like an idiot. Although I could do without all the little chuckles I will hear whenever he finds a mistake, I am still grateful. I am glad we can tease each other.

3 comments:

becca said...

What a lil' cutie! She is so grown up for a little 18 month old. That was a pretty cute post. Except for your insane hunger, what's that all about? Apparently the little man isn't very patient when he gets hungry.

Becky said...

What a sweet entry! Way to go, Lily! Keep your mom in line.

Ashley said...

That was a sweet post. Adi does the same thing all the time, and I hate that she is the example to me, and not the other way around, but I too am grateful that their sweet little spirits remember these things.
P.S. Speaking of Jacob editing, I read his book a LONG time ago, and totally forgot to give him feedback because it was at a BAD time in our lives. Let me know if he still is curious what I thought of "An Epic Love Story".