Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Little Righteous Pride Goes a Long Way


Lily is all but potty-trained!!! We're so utterly, completely, and totally excited for her. She is thrilled about it, too. When I first considered (long ago as a bachelor) what an ordeal this would be, I didn't take it into consideration that Heavenly Father would bless me and Kat with such a terrific little girl who's always one step ahead of the crowd. Lily isn't quite two, just a few days shy, and she's already sleeping without wetting and waking up to go potty if she needs to. While it was a pain last night to sit with her at 4 am with a final awaiting me in 5 hours, it's worth it to see the joy on her face because she knows she getting to be a big girl!
I'm particularly thrilled because that's a huge reduction in spending on diapers, although now we'll have to teach her to be frugal with toilet paper because I know her current habit of trying to wipe with an eighth of a square isn't going to last for very long. Either way, Kat and I want to share our joy of Lily's big accomplishment. 2 years ago she was born (we'll have a birthday post up in a few days) and now she's in full control over her voluntary sphincter muscles. What more could we ask for other than her getting a part-time job? Maybe we could get her into child modeling and ruin any chance she'll have of becoming a normal person and staying drug-free....

4 comments:

Rosalee said...

Yay, Lily! I'm so glad that you now have control over your voluntary sphincter muscles! Way to go!

Emily N said...

Congrats! I'm totally jealous. Sally is 2 1/2 an has NO interest in the potty. maybe I need some tips from y'all.

Becky said...

What a big girl you are Lily. Way to go!!

Carol said...

I swear she seems so much older just since I was there to help with Jake's arrival. She's accomplished a lot in a short time, that's for sure. Way to go to get up with her at 4:00 a.m., since Kat is up with the baby. You're a great dad. Hope the test went well.